Harmos Horton Lusk is pleased to announce that it has won the Mid-size Law Firm of the Year award at the 2020 New Zealand Law Awards held in December 2020.
In granting the award, the judges recognised our transactional expertise, and specifically noted the firm’s role in advising on:
- Pushpay’s $132.2 million acquisition of Church Community Builder and the associated cornerstone shareholder sell-down
- $45.3 million underwritten blocktrade sell-down of shares in Pushpay by interests associated with Chris Heaslip
- $21.7 million cornerstone investment by Centuria Capital Group in Augusta Capital
- Centuria Capital Group’s successful $175 million cash and scrip takeover offer for Augusta Capital
- the take-private of Abano Healthcare Group
- Freshmax NZ Group’s $30 million sale of shares in Freshmax NZ to Turners & Growers Fresh
In addition, Harmos Horton Lusk’s position as the premier specialist corporate law firm in New Zealand has again been confirmed by recent international rankings publications.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2021, released in December 2020, recognised the firm in the Corporate/Commercial category. Four Directors/Consultants received individual recognition, including two “Band 1” rankings, with one Director being described as “the best in the business”.
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021, released in January 2021, ranked the firm for Corporate and M&A describing the firm as the “leading corporate law boutique in New Zealand”. Andrew Harmos was one of just four New Zealand corporate lawyers to receive an individual “Hall of Fame” ranking. Nathanael Starrenburg received a “Leading Individual” ranking.